Create an account
PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION
“Personally Identifiable Information" is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or from that data and other information that the Site and/or GLOSSAREAD has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider Personally Identifiable Information to include personal information or other data and information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Information given voluntarily: We collect Personally Identifiable Information (email address, name, phone number, credit card / debit card / other payment instrument details, etc.) from you when you set up an account with us by registering voluntarily to avail our Services. While you can browse some sections of our Site and / or Services without being a registered member, certain activities (such as placing an order) do require registration.
- Automatic Collection of Information: This Site automatically collects certain information from your web browser regarding your use of the Site. Examples of information collected automatically from all users include the Internet Protocol ("IP") address used to connect your computer to the internet; computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform; and full Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") click stream data, including date and time, and content you viewed or searched for on the Site.
- Cookies, Web Beacons or Similar Technologies: This Site also collects information through the use of "cookies" or similar technologies. Cookies are anonymous, unique alphanumeric identifiers sent to your browser from a website's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. The type of information collected as a result of a cookie being stored on your computer is specific to your computer. "Session" cookies collect information about your use of the Site (e.g., whether you are logged in) and to give you a more personalized browsing experience and help you navigate the Site more efficiently from page to page. These cookies are temporary and are deleted when you close your browser. "Persistent" cookies gather statistical information about repeat usage from your computer or workstation. In general, cookies do not contain personally identifiable information, but when you furnish your personal information through the Site, this information may be linked to the non-personally identifiable data stored in cookies sent to your browser from the Site.
INTERNATIONAL PRIVACY AND SECURITY STANDARDS
We use technical and administrative security measures to protect your information and to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Our security features include firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls, and information access authorization controls, in addition to periodic review thereof. We restrict access to Personally Identifiable Information to GLOSSAREAD employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations and may be disciplined or terminated if they fail to meet these obligations. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact us following the instructions in the Complaints and Grievance Redressal section below.
USE AND RETENTION
We use the personal information we collect on and/or through our Site to provide, maintain, protect, and improve the Services and to develop new Services, and to protect GLOSSAREAD, the Site and our users. We also use this information to offer you personalized content such as offering you more relevant search results and advertisements based on your previous orders and interests.
We do use your Personally Identifiable Information to:
- complete and support the activity for which the information was provided, such as allowing access to or delivery of the Services, processing or fulfilling an order, or responding to your requests or inquiries;
- to resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote a safe service; collect money; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity; enforce our terms and conditions; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
- measure consumer interest in our Services, tailor or customize content or design of the Site customize your experience during a single visit to the Site and repeat visits;
- communicate with you about changes or updates to the Site and/or our Services and special offers, promotions or market research surveys;
- combine the personal information that you provide with information that we obtain from other sources or that is already in our records, whether collected online or offline or by predecessor or affiliated group companies, for such purposes.
We do use personal information to:
- analyse usage (including for the purposes of reporting and paying royalties and license fees to third-party providers, such as authors and content distributors as well as tracking and analysing user preferences and trends), delivery and management of our advertising, promotions and surveys, quality control and administering, customizing and improving the Site.
- send you offers based on your previous orders and your interests.
- administration of the Site and/or Services, such as for the technical support of the Site and its computer system, including processing computer account information, information used in the course of securing and maintaining the Site, and verification of the Site activity by the Site, GLOSSAREAD or its agents;
- enhance research and development, evaluate and improve the Site and /or Services;
- pseudonymous analysis to create a profile used to determine the habits, interests or other characteristics of users for purposes of research, analysis and anonymous reporting; and
- prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraudulent and illegal activities, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities; and
OPT-OUT / CHOICE
We provide all users with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving non-essential (promotional, marketing-related) communications from us on behalf of our partners, and from us in general, after setting up an account. You also have the choice of deciding how we use your personal information in communicating with you, and whether you want to stay signed into your account.
ACCESS AND CHANGES
Registered users may access their identified contact information and other registration information and correct any discrepancies or update information upon log in at any time. The accuracy of such information is solely the responsibility of the user. No access is given to other data that may have been collected about users.
SHARING / DISCLOSURE
We do not share personal information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of GLOSSAREAD unless one of the following circumstances applies:
1] With your consent
We will share personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of GLOSSAREAD when we have your consent to do so. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any Personally Identifiable Information.
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties and for the following purposes:
GLOSSAREAD and it’s Affiliates who may use it to:
- provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions, and customer support);
- provide you personalized advertising; and/or
- guide decisions about their products, sites, applications, services, tools, and marketing communications. GLOSSAREAD and it’s Affiliates will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have consented to receive such communications from them.
2] Service providers and financial institutions partners
- Third party financial institution partners who may offer financial products to you, for them to provide joint content and services (such as, registration, transactions and customer support). These third party financial institution partners will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services.
3] For legal reasons
We will share your personal information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of GLOSSAREAD if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
- meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; and
- protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of GLOSSAREAD, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We may share non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our Services.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Site links to other websites that may collect personally identifiable information about you. GLOSSAREAD and it’s Affiliates are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those linked websites.
QUESTIONS, COMPLAINTS AND GRIEVANCE REDRESSAL